PTP Peripheral Traction Clarifier are used to remove biological sludge and floating particles in circular primary and secondary settling tanks in both municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants.
High efficiency in removing biological sludge and floating particles
DescriptionPTP Peripheral Traction Clarifiers are used to remove biological sludge and floating particles in circular primary and secondary settlement tanks in both municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants.
FunctionPTP Peripheral Traction Clarifiers consist of a movable truck lying in the centre on a rotating central support and, at their periphery, on a traction trolley. PTP Clarifiers are operated by a gearbox connected to a slip ring placed in the central support.
Waste water enters the concrete tank through a central cylinder which spreads the liquid. Sludge settles on the tank bottom while light particles and scum float to the surface. The slowly moving truck makes the logarithmically shaped bottom scrapers convey the settled sludge into the central sum pit. Floating particles are collected by a surface scraper and conveyed into a scum-box.
Clean water flows into the peripheral launder through Thomson profile weirs.
- Available for tanks of up to 60m in diameter
- Scum removal device
- Hot dip-galvanised carbon steel / 304 L / 316 L SS
- Quick installation
- High removal efficiency of sludge and floating matter
- Easy installation also into existing tanks
- PTP Clarifier with +1/3 walkway length radius, with bottom scraper and back bottom scraper
- Double traction clarifier with diametric walkway and double scrapers
- Material: 304 L / 316 L SS / painting
- Alternative voltage and frequency
- Alternative degree of motor protection
- Control panel
- Scum removal by means of “rotoling pipe” system
- Clean water launder in stainless steel
- Electric torque limit switch
- Motorized rotating brush for weirs/launder cleaning